$55 Million Donation: Mackenzie Scott, Ex-wife of Jeff Bezos, Gives Two Mansions to Charity

Just to mention a few of her charity works, Mackenzie Scott has contributed about $4.2 billion to 384 organizations over the period of four months in 2020, including several donations to schools and universities around the United States. She gaveit another go in June of 2021 and donated an additional $2.7 billion to 286 organizations.

By then, she had also published a blog post explaining her attitude toward charity work, in which she said,

"We are represented by a sinking conviction that it would be better if disproportionate plenty were not moved in few hands and that the arrangements are best organized and carried out by others."

Mackenzie Scott is not done yet, and that's saying a lot. The 52-year-old’s residences appraised at $55 million were donated to the nonprofit CCF, as reported originally by the New York Post.

Scott moved the two residences she received from her split with Jeff Bezos to the CCF on July 29. Their primary home, which they bought in 2007 for $24.45 million, was reportedly purchased during her long and happy marriage to Bezos of 25 years.

The publication states,

"The property is on two parcels of land, with the house adopting a Spanish design and operated by solar-powered chargers. The residence contains seven rooms and as numerous restrooms and spans a total of 12,000 square feet (1,115 square meters)."

In 2017, they spent another $12.9 million on a second home on the same street as the first. The two residences are located in Beverly Hills, and each has an area of 4,500 square feet (418 square meters).

According to the New York Post, 90% of selling the two homes will go toward a reasonable housing grant. In comparison, the remaining 10% will be usedto advance open doors for the large numbers of migrants from all over the world who call the Los Angeles Region home through the CCF's outsider reconciliation program.

The current value of Mackenzie Scott's assessed assets is $37 billion. As of 2022, she owns 4% of Amazon after selling the company's $8.5 billion worth of stock. She's already donated almost $12 billion to good causes, and that sum will only grow in the future. An anonymous buyer purchased a $37.5 million mansion in the Seattle neighborhood in April 2019, months after the highly publicized split between Scott and Jeff Bezos was disclosed. Scott is widely believed to be the buyer.

Jewett soon after wrote on his and his wife's Giving Vow page, "I'm hitched to perhaps of the most liberal and kind individual I know — and joining her in a promise to give a huge monetary abundance to serve others."

The Giving Vow is a nonprofit organization that encourages the world's most extravagant individuals to devote a significant portion of their abundance to worthy missions. I'm excited about the opportunity to grow and learn alongside MacKenzie in this venture.